Monday 23 April 2007

My (next) Life as a Bollywood Extra

Kiran used to show up outside of our hostel everyday, he was about 24 and had a 'well polished' look about him. He had movie star or model looks and would ask me if I would go and be a Bollywood extra - a few of us were interested in this but never managed to get the chance to go along. I don't know that it would have meant that I would have been involved in any of the crazy dance scenes, but it was definitely an odd opportunity to have been offered! As some people say out here - maybe in the next life!

The only time that people approach me with offers of work in Glasgow is when they want me to do some market research for them outside the Buchanan Hotel... Maybe if the Scottish film industry was able to develop, this might change!

Dancing Footnote

On the subject of crazy dance scenes, after coming back from dinner last night we were sitting outside of our hotel when I noticed two young guys (about 12 and 14) boddy popping. This isn't really that unusual in Glasgow, but considering that they were wearing traditional Islamic clothing the sight was a tad novel! This only got worse when they were joined by my room-mate Peter dressed in traditional Scottish clothing - a kilt and a lace-tie collar 'Jacobite' shirt. Superb(!) two wee local guys and a renegade 'Tartan Army footsoldier' body popping about the street as the taxis tooted their horns - what a scream!

No comments: